On 2022-12-29, at 12:55, tom petch <ie...@btconnect.com> wrote:

> The linktype I-D is  defective with its documentary  references so the
> website is going to be as well.  The number of references for links is
> considerable in the I-D although none appear as references of the I-D as
> anyone familiar with the work of the IETF would expect.

Hmm.  The registry has four columns, of which the fourth is the
"document/requestor reference" column.

The draft does not say, but to me implies, that this column will be populated
with a reference to the linktypes RFC for all rows in the initial set.

I’m no quite sure what Tom is trying to say with β€œThe number…” but it would be
good to have references to the documents that supply further information (say,
what β€œIEEE 802.3 Ethernet” really is).
Having these listed at "http://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes.html” is fine with me;
this will allow updates to the document references as these tend to shift over
time.  Having them added in the fourth column of the IANA registry is also
fine, but sounds a bit like busywork to me.

All this editorial work can be done after adoption by the working group.

Re the pcapng document itself, I’m not sure that Figure 3 to 6 should really
use bit tick marks (+-+-+), as these seem to be multi-byte passages shown as if
they were three (or four to six) bits each.  It has been a couple of years
since I reviewed a version of this document, and I’d rather have the iddiff
bugs fixed before I re-review the current version, but I’m quite confident that
we can fix the remaining problems in normal WG work (of which there will be
some β€” no, I’m not responding to a WGLC here).

So, repeating and updating my affirmative response from 2021-10-20 [1]:
+1 from me for adopting both documents.

Grüße, Carsten

[1]: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/opsawg/8BEuzv9VaDs_RIantEPKRGtK-KE