Tom,

> We've already had an attempt at IPv10 :-)
Indeed, we have!
Thanks,

Nalini Elkins
CEO and Founder
Inside Products, Inc.
www.insidethestack.com
(831) 659-8360

    On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 08:15:33 AM PDT, Tom Herbert
<t...@herbertland.com> wrote:

 On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 7:05 AM nalini.elk...@insidethestack.com
<nalini.elk...@insidethestack.com> wrote:

> Arnaud,
>
> First, nice to hear from you.
>
> Next, I think blocking EH without nuance or care is throwing out the baby
> with the bathwater.
>
> IMHO, if we have problems with EH because people have not carefully
> considered their use.  I think if we do not make IPv6 an extensible and
> flexible protocol, we will be looking at creating a new version - IPv8?
> IPv10? before we know it.

Nalini,

We've already had an attempt at IPv10 :-)

> There are many problems with, for example, some TCP packets, and we do not
> say "just block TCP".

Also, look at how much effort was required to get network providers to
allow QUIC/UDP to pass. Not all network providers blocked it, but
enough did that it impeded deployment for a while. The good news is
that the providers and protocol developers worked together to address
any issues and it's now deployed, the bad news is it took a behemoth,
i.e. Google, to motivate these providers to facilitate innovation on
the Internet.

Tom