The best "documentation" (and I use the term very
loosely) is:

1) SQL.BSQ ($ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin)
2) select view_name, text
   from dba_views
   where view_name like 'DBA%'
3) select * from v$fixed_view_definition

hth
connor

 --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > This thread
has been very interesting and causing me
> to learn and go read
> some more.  Which leads me to my next question.
> Does anyone have any good
> papers or urls that will discuss and explain all of
> the base data dictionary
> tables: fet$, uet$, etc.? Or anyone have a data
> model of how all of the
> tables relate.  I've only been in this long enough
> to feel comfortable with
> the data dictionary tables and v$views and have
> never delved into learning
> about the base tables, maybe it's time I do some
> serious studying. If anyone
> can point me into the right direction as far as
> learning this topic, I'd
> really appreciate it. Thanks. Ivan

=== message truncated ===

=====
Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=