testing....

if the initial extent*min_extents is less than the optimal, yes you can
shrink below optimal.

if initial*minextents = optimal, you can execute an alter rollback
segment statement that lists a shrink size that is less than optimal
AND less than initial*minextents and it will not fail. But if you LOOK
at the size it shrinks to, it's initial*minextents.

so you can "kinda" shrink below optimal, the statement won't fail, but
Oracle will ignore the number you give it.

http://auctions.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael