We are in the process of installing a GIS package (Arc/info) which has an
oracle component (SDE)

I have to setup tablespaces to handle various types of data, one of the
tablespaces will be holding
Tiff images.  These images range are on average 25 Megs and there will be
upto 200 images.

It is Oracle 8.1.7.2 on Tru64 Unix

>From this I have a couple of questions.

1. I want to test different extent sizes for performance, what tool should I
use, tkprof or statspack

2. How big should the datafiles be, 500m, 1Gb etc.

3. As for the extents,  I am leaning towards a locally managed tablespace,
what kind of extent
size would work best, 1m, 4m, 10 m etc.  As mentioned in 1 I plan on testing
this, just looking
for feedback.

4. And, once these are loaded, is there any advantage to having the
tablespace set to readonly ?

Thank You

Darren

Darren Browett P.Eng                                            This message
was transmitted
Data Administrator                                              using 100%
recycled electrons
Information and Communication Technology
City of Coquitlam
P:(604)927 - 3614
E:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author: Browett, Darren