Thanks, Mohammed and Anjo, for your replies.

Now my question is this: given that the table structures (freelists,
etc.) are identical on the two machines, the init.ora parameters are
identical for the two instances, and the machines themselves are nearly
identical (one has 6 CPUs, one 4, but in neither case are the CPUs
anywhere near maxed out), what could be causing the discrepancy?

PB

http://taxes.yahoo.com/
Author: Paul Baumgartel