-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, 23 September 2003 1:45 PM

Does anyone have any idea how to improve performance for multiple inserts into a table
that uses a sequence generated primary key?

I have approximately 6 concurrent inserts per second into this table which causes the
primary key index to become a hot block.  This in turn causes "buffer busy waits".

I have increased initrans, but am not sure where to go from here

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick Stephenson
Oracle Database Administrator