Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:28:38 -0800

Dennis--
The faster machine had 10 database connections, the slower, 50.  Not
all were used in either case.  But my comparison is for inserts done by
a single session, i.e., it's not the aggregate insert rate, but a
direct comparison of the same insert statement in a single session on
each server.

As for the disk layout, I don't have that information readily available
(the SA department doesn't like to let the DBA department get involved
in such things!).  I don't think it's significantly different, though.

Thanks,
Paul

http://taxes.yahoo.com/
Author: Paul Baumgartel