-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 2:33 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Recreate the snapshot to allow fast refresh, (you will
have to create a snapshot log on your source table)
and refresh once every 5/10/20/30 minutes.

Fast refreshes are just one commit that is either
committed or rolled back at the end. Viola, fresh data
instantaneously.

You can do a refresh immediate when you recreate the
snapshots so it will build the data right away.

To do it really fast, create a new snapshot with the
correct definition, rename the old snapshot, rename
the new snapshot to the old name, recompile your
packages and procedures, drop the old snapshot, and
viola, new snapshot.

Snapshots refresh via a job in the Oracle job queue.
You can adjust timing on this job to adjust your
refresh frequency.

Make sure you get your indexes, stats, and grants in
place on the new snap too. Check your synonyms as
well.

hth,

jack

--- "Reddy, Madhusudana"