Check the link Kirti has posted (orapub).

Is capacity planning only on the database size ?
In my mind it also includes :
   Transaction description (online and batch)
   Transaction frequency (online and batch)
   Transaction window
   Networking requirements
   Number of users (all and concurrent)
   Overall disk space (inside and outside the
database)
   Availability

 --- "Reddy, Madhusudana"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : > Hello All,

> I am currently working on capacity planning of the
> database , expecting the
> database size based on the business object ,sales (
> Historical data). I am
> not sure about the approach I am following . I
> believe there might be some
> better approach followed in some shop to estimate
> the DB size , even by
> considering events like "thanks giving" , "holiday
> season" and all.
>
> Also I have to automate this process. Would like to
> know some best
> suggestions you always have  in this forum. Would
> you help me in identifying
> some formulae. Any kind of documentation will be a
> great help !!!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Madhu
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/gif name=Blank Bkgrd.gif

=====
Stéphane Paquette
DBA Oracle et DB2, consultant entrepôt de données
Oracle and DB2 DBA, datawarehouse consultant

Lèche-vitrine ou lèche-écran ?
magasinage.yahoo.ca
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Stephane=20Paquette?=