Ari,

If the algorithm is any good, the cracker should
find SHO3LAC3, as that is a weak password.

Unix crackers would pick this up.

Jared

"Ari Kaplan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 12/17/2002 10:44 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: password

This program does not reverse-engineer or decrypt Oracle passwords. It
does
a dictionary forward brute-force "hack". So, if the user's password is not
in the list of pre-defined words then the password is never revealed. This
just encourages DBAs to enforce password management. See the
verify_function
for password management in Oracle for details.

For example, setting your password to "SHOELACE" would be detected by this
program, as it is in the English dictionary. "SH03LAC3" would not.

Basic rules of having a combination of characters, numbers, and
punctuation
marks, and not writing your password on a slip of paper by your monitor,
all
lead to a safe environment.

-Ari