From: Post, Ethan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 2:00 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: Oh Where Oh Where Is My Redo Coming From

As always Jonathan you give me plenty of areas to go looking, thanks for the
great advice.  One of the problems is cron kicks off various application
processes in the line of over 60 per minute (log in, do something, log out,
oh and commit between each row of course).  That on top of hundreds of users
accessing the system and oh 4 or 5 developers working in the same database
doing whatever they please.  I found one guy the other day had issued
290,000 commits in a single session using Toad.  Argghhhh!  You get the
idea.  I am attempting to bring in a little sanity to the situation before
they recommend buying more CPUs!

- Ethan

message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may
contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are
not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000
and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank