Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 2:44 AM
Subject: Index question

Hi!
I am new using Oracle, and what to ask some doubt about indexes

How can I see how many fields of a table have indexes?

I am trying to do an update but is too slow, so what I am trying to find is the way to uses an index that can help to do this update  more quickly.
This is the query example:

Update ITEMLOC
SET AVERAGE_COST=5.5
WHERE ITEM='0010096'

I will like to find the way to set and index that have the item filed include to do this update quicker. Right now it takes like 30 seconds per item and we have to update like 9,000 items.