I found the next link, that shows you how to specify and index to determinated table.

This is a fragment of the article:

How to specify Hints

The Hints are enclosed in comment, /* comment */, in an SQL statement, and can only be specified with SELECT, DELETE and UPDATE keyword.

SELECT /* comment */ ........ ;

All hints should start with a + sign. This tells the SQL Parser that the SQL has a hint specified with it.

SELECT /*+{hint} */ ........ ;

Syntax:

/*+ INDEX ( table [index [index]...] ) */

Where:

  • table specifies the name or alias of the table associated with the index to be scanned.

  • index specifies an index on which an index scan is to be performed.

Examples:

select /*+ INDEX(emp_city idx_job_code) */ empname,
job_code from emp where job_code = 'T';
Thank for all your help!!!

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/25/03 01:19PM >>>
Here is sql that I used, hope this help.

Joan

set lines 132
col column_name format a15
col index_name format a20
break on index_name skip 1
select c.index_name,c.column_name,i.uniqueness
from dba_ind_columns c,dba_indexes i
where c.table_name = upper('&Enter_Table_Name')
and c.table_name=i.table_name
and c.index_name=i.index_name
order by c.index_name, c.column_position
/
Author: Joan Hsieh
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting services