Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 11:16 PM
Subject: Re: Index question

I found the next link, that shows you how to specify and index to determinated table.

This is a fragment of the article:

How to specify Hints

The Hints are enclosed in comment, /* comment */, in an SQL statement, and can only be specified with SELECT, DELETE and UPDATE keyword.

SELECT /* comment */ ........ ;

All hints should start with a + sign. This tells the SQL Parser that the SQL has a hint specified with it.

SELECT /*+{hint} */ ........ ;

Syntax:

/*+ INDEX ( table [index [index]...] ) */

Where:

  • table specifies the name or alias of the table associated with the index to be scanned.

  • index specifies an index on which an index scan is to be performed.

Examples:

select /*+ INDEX(emp_city idx_job_code) */ empname,
job_code from emp where job_code = 'T';
Thank for all your help!!!