Well, let's look at it from the purely commercial point of view:

1) Is it likely that my company will ever foot the bill for masters exam?
   Me thinks not. Even OCP was frowned upon, because it was looked upon as
   acquiring a technical certification that will make it easier for me to
   leave the company. Justifiedly so. Masters exam would be totally out of
   the question.
2) Is it likely that I pay for the exam myself as I did with OCP? Nope. I'd
   have to take vacation to be on those two courses, I'd have to pay
exorbitant
   amount of money for courses and exams, which makes it highly unlikely
that
   I ever will do so, unless I win the lottery.

So, what's going to happen? It is likely that this certification is the
latest
cash cow for the Oracle Corp. because the OCP has worn out a bit. The way it
is
described, there is simply no possible market for this. If they want to make
money,
they'll have to offer it to the general public the usual way, through
Thompson Learning
or some other education mass marketing organization. That means that the
success rate
will have to be around 80%, the price will go down, as well as the meaning
or
significance of the course. Nope, I believe that I can satisfy the HR drones

with OCP and that I don't need to invest few grands into something that will

either be very short lived  or become yet another meaningless paper and be
replaced by the "oracle hypermaster to the fifth degree" or "oracle jedi" in

two years or so. Who will acquire it? Oracle employees and owners of the
small
consulting companies, in order to improve their marketability. Not being one
of them, I'll do what I usually do: sit back and have a good laugh.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA