From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jamadagni, Rajendra
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 8:14 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: RE: Cary's Book - new topic

Cary,

We are doing exactly that on one of our databases. After hearing _few_complaints that DB is slow (code is not), we enabled trace at level 12 for power users. Now every AM my job is to analyze 20+ trace files that I get and report back.

Once we see a pattern, we will hand it over to Development team and then work with them to resolve the issues.

Now only if I could find a version of TKPROF that works with 2GB+ trace files ..

Raj
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com
All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.
QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !