I think Jonathan is correct when he says that index rebuilds are not often needed.

Tom Kyte states that they are never needed, which I don't believe to be correct.

I'll try to back this up with data in the future.

So if Tom asks any of you why you don't use automatic space management in
your LMT's, you can ask him why he doesn't use 'alter index rebuild'.   ;)

Jared

Yong Huang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 11/06/2003 02:59 PM