Hi Ewan,

  Yahoo groups has some active orchid discussion groups that cater more to
beginners, although even there sometimes that experienced growers get tired of
answering beginners questions.

  At Yahoo groups try "orchids", "orchiddreams" and "orchidspecies".

  Regards,
  Sjean

ewan b <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Heh... I not long ago subcribed to this mailing list as a fairly new Orchid
grower lookin for some helpful tips on how to grow Orchids and so on... So far
only 1 person has been kind enough to help me with some information and the
rest of the time I've seen bickering and argumentative conversations.

  Sort it out guys...

  On 3/12/07, peter croezen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:       Barbara,

  Your OGD post about Chuck and myself contained false allegations against me..
When challenged, by
  both myself and by Dot, to substantiate your false claims, you elected to
remain silent.
  It proves  that you are unable to back up your false allegations.

  To say that you did not have time is not very believable,  when you did have
time to create  another post
  re the Phrag Haley Decker Timeline.

  Instead of an apology,  you elected to publicize a private e-mail from me to
you, in
  your post Silence on this forum, without asking me for permission.

  It shows a lack of common courtesy and poor judgement on your part.

  peter