By trying to dissect the problem and see what is causing it I was trying
different things.

My application, after each writing of a document, it reads from the
database to extract the document information and their counts. If I turn
off this reading the document information everything works just like fine.

The relevant code:

private DocumentCounts extractDocumentCounts(String guid, String taxYear,
String[] categories) {
int allDocuments = 0;
Map<String, Integer> categoryDocuments = new HashMap<String, Integer>();
 try {
for(int i = 0; i < categories.length; i++) {
StringBuilder builder = new StringBuilder();
builder.append("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ");
builder.append(DOCUMENT_CLASS);
builder.append(" WHERE guid='");
builder.append(guid);
builder.append("' AND fiscalyear='");
builder.append(taxYear);
builder.append("' AND category LIKE '%");
builder.append(categories[i]);
builder.append("%'");
 List<ODocument> resultList = factory.getDatabase().command(new
OCommandSQL(builder.toString())).execute();
Long result = resultList.get(0).field("COUNT");
categoryDocuments.put(categories[i], result.intValue());
}

StringBuilder builder = new StringBuilder();
builder.append("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ");
builder.append(DOCUMENT_CLASS);
builder.append(" WHERE guid='");
builder.append(guid);
builder.append("' AND fiscalyear='");
builder.append(taxYear);
builder.append("'");
 List<ODocument> resultList = factory.getDatabase().command(new
OCommandSQL(builder.toString())).execute();
Long result = resultList.get(0).field("COUNT");
allDocuments = result.intValue();
}
catch(Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

return new DocumentCounts(allDocuments, categoryDocuments);
}

So, somehow, this reading from a database right after something has been
written somehow causes this problem (that I am unable to solve).

Anybody has any idea how can I solve this?

Thanks,
Ivan