Hello Colin,

Thanks again for your reply, and for the clarification about the
graph.commit() method.

By examining stack traces of these exceptions that I got I can tell that
all of them come from reading operations after a write:
- In the 1. run connection is lost when the application is obtaining the
total number of documents.
- In the 2. run exception is thrown when the application is refreshing a
document list after a write and loading the first document
(ch.ringler.attachment.mgm.document.manager.internal.OrientDBDocumentManager$2.load(OrientDBDocumentManager.java:1)
).
- In the 3. run exception is thrown when the application is refreshing a
document list after a write and loading document thumbnails (
ch.ringler.attachment.mgm.document.manager.internal.OrientDBDocumentManager.getThumbnail(OrientDBDocumentManager.java:1370)
)
- In the 4. run no information is available
- 5. run completed successdully
- In the 6. run no information is available
- In the 7. run exception is thrown when the application is refreshing a
document list after a write and loading document thumbnails (
ch.ringler.attachment.mgm.document.manager.internal.OrientDBDocumentManager.getThumbnail(OrientDBDocumentManager.java:1378)
)

My opinion, that this happens only while performing reading after writing,
is backed up by the fact that everything will work like charm if I
temporary disable refreshing a document list, loading of thumbnails and
extracting the document counts, and leave just the writing part. I was
able, from the application, to upload 500 documents in one go, without any
problems...

When this error occurs, there are no related information available in the
server logs and I do not need to restart the server, only the application.

And yes, indeed, I was able to connect to a database from a console after a
connection has been lost from the application.

Cheers and thanks,
Ivan