On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Richard Kennedy
<richard.kenn...@terra.com.br> wrote:
> Searching for origami bats, I came across:
>
> http://www.howcast.com/videos/324-How-to-Make-an-Origami-Bat

Although it has been mentioned before, let me re-add my recommendation
for Talo Kawasaki's absolutely wonderful bat - Sara Adams's excellent
video instructions are here:

  http://youtu.be/_7vt9p7cLVQ

and it's available in print form in Issue 5# of Creased.  It is a
simple model, though the final creasing into the flapping pose takes a
little practice to get right, as it involves a crease that doesn't go
all the way to the edges, which can confuse new folders.

This model has one of the very best flapping motions I have ever seen,
and the sound it makes is fantastic.  (The print diagrams do not do it
justice - see the video to experience the movement/sound.  I passed
this model by in the print form - it just didn't look all that
interesting - but am hooked now that I have folded it!)  If you find
bats creepy, you will *not* like the model, it's very lifelike if you
flap it and wave it around.  I love bats, so it just makes me happy.
:)

I cannot wait to teach this model at the OrigaMIT convention at MIT
this weekend!  Sparkly black Stardream text-weight paper works really,
really well...

Anne