On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Anne LaVin <anne.la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This model has one of the very best flapping motions I have ever seen,
> and the sound it makes is fantastic.  (The print diagrams do not do it
> justice - see the video to experience the movement/sound.  I passed
> this model by in the print form - it just didn't look all that
> interesting - but am hooked now that I have folded it!)

On a related note, and for post-Halloween, one might consider the simpler
classic Deg Ferrally model which operates upon the same fold-mechanism that
enables the flapping action:

http://havepaperwilltravel.blogspot.com/2010/05/storigami-time.html

When I've done it well in front of large audiences to Anne Bedrick's
teaching tale, it gets a huge, delighted reaction of oohs and applause.

michael
http://havepaperwilltravel.blogspot.com/