Dave Mitchell said
" To me a modular design is one that is self-integrating. If you glue it
together then this essential element of what modular means (in origami) is
lost. Technically I would then consider it a glued multi-piece arrangement
rather than a modular assembly."

It is a fine line, but if you have to glue the model for it to hold
together, just because it does not have a locking mechanism, that does not
change it from being origami to me.  Good example of course is the electra -
wonderful model, and everyone would call it modular origami...but you have
to glue it or it just falls apart.

I am working on one right now out of 2 mil copper foil, which I plan to
crimp (or maybe solder...not sure yet).

You should come to CenterFold origami convention this year and we can argue
about it.  I love a good argument about semantics.

John Scully
www.ohiopaperfolders.com