Ilan Garibi said among other things ...

"law, as well as customs that spread in a community should make sense, and
be of use. "

One other issue that should be factored in is practicality.  Two points
have been raised in the recent discussions: one is respecting the creator's
efforts, and the other (not loudly mentioned) is financial.  The first
issue can be addressed by making sure that the model is correctly
attributed to the creator.  I am often at a loss how to reach the creator,
so a simpler and more practical approach would facilitate sharing of
origami.  As regards payment, again I would advocate a more practical
approach.  If I am folding someone's work for an advertising campaign, then
I should ask for permission and pay the creator.  But if I am receiving a
few tens or even hundreds of dollars, tracking down and paying the creator
her share is quite daunting.

As a practical measure, I suggest that creators who want permission to be
sought include in their books how they can be contacted.  This would avoid
the need for people to write to the Origami list for information on how to
contact a certain creator, as we see every now and then.

Tiong Boon