I received different answers regarding my question about the comparison between
origami and music, both through the list and privately. Thank you all very much.

I wanted to explain a bit more about the comparison I've "heard" in various
occasions, which I'm asking about. I've often taken part in online
conversations about origami and art, for example on The Origami Forum (back in
the day) or on an origami WhatsApp group or Discord Server. Usually someone
states that origami is closer to music than to other visual arts, such as
painting and sculpting. Then that person argues that, unlike in visual arts, in
music there are composers who make songs–just like creators in origami–and
interpreters who play them and sometimes add their own style–just like folders
in origami.
Often, these comments are then connected to copyright in art and how it should
be applied to origami the way it's applied to music.
I've heard this exact ideas enough times to start suspecting that it was
originally proposed by one person, and after time, the idea became popular.
Have you heard, or read, them as well? Am I actually wrong and this
composer/creator - interpreter/folder analogy wasn't first proposed by a
particular person?

Thank you in advance. You can answer through the list or privately to my email
address if you prefer: gera...@neorigami.com
--
Gerardo G.
gerardo(a)neorigami.com

"(...) It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it takes your breath away and
fills you with the true joy of origami. I experienced this in my lessons with
Gerardo G. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Gerardo is (...)" C. R. Read the
full review