> Absolutely, many users are deploying on linux and our main site
> (www.orionserver.com) is using linux. I don't know why your jvm crashes
but we
> try to work around those jvm bugs as much as possible.

That's very good news. Which jvm are you using?

> Of course there's a limit to what we can do to get orion to work with a
buggy
> jvm and we would be happy if you reported the jvm bug to Sun. In the
meantime we
> will try to reproduce it and see if we can somehow work around it or
narrow it
> down so we can report it to Sun.

Do you have a log somewhere that I can use to help debug it, or at least
give you more information for reproduction on your side? The
global-application and rmi log both indicate that the server was sarted, but
then no more information appears in the log. Do you have a way to start it
with extra logging facilities turned on?

> PS. Where did you find instructions saying that you should run "java jar
> orion.jar"?

I thought I read that on the website installation instructions, but another
reading showed I was wrong... my bad.