> Steven Punte wrote:
>
> Help:
>
>     I'm having serious problem with the servlet session timing-out
>     way before it should.  I'm running Orion on Solaris, and typically
>     only see the problem when development is active (i.e. team
>     members changing server side java bean files).
>

>     I have set the session time-out to 6 hours in the web.xml file as
> show below:
>
> <web-app>
>         <servlet>
>                 <servlet-name>snoop</servlet-name>
>                 <display-name>snoop</display-name>
>                 <servlet-class>SnoopServlet</servlet-class>
>         </servlet>
>         <session-config>
>                 <session-timeout>360</session-timeout>
>         </session-config>
>         <login-config>
>                 <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
>         </login-config>
> </web-app>
>     My JSP file is as simple as possible:
>
> <%@ page language="java" session="true" %>
> <%@ page import="java.util.*" %>
> <head>
> <title><%= "Session Bug" %></title>
> </head>
>   Session Information:
>     In the above examples, the creation time typically only hold from
> 5 minutes to 15 minutes,
>     and will then move forward to the present time forgetting all
> other session information.
>
>     Any suggestion greatly appreciated:

Are you using admin.jar to shutdown/restart Orion? We're seeing session
timeouts whenver we use admin.jar to restart server so we've resorted to
just killing the pid to stop and manually start it.

Haven't gotten around to posting a question on the list about it yet,
but now that I'm here.... is this your problem, too, and if so, anyone
know if this is a bug or what?

To fix it, we just deleted whatever's in the persistence directory.
--
Joel Shellman
Ants.com: the world's fastest growing freelance marketplace