    From:   Kevin Duffey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
    Sent:   Friday, September 01, 2000 2:37 AM
    To:     Orion-Interest
    Subject:        RE: Newbie - Am I going mad? Broken links on home page

    Hi,

    I have been given the green light here to move ahead with Orion deployment as well. Although we are not as sophisticated a setup as you, we will be moving in that direction shortly. We are moving ahead with Orion while we evaluate WebLogic and iPlanet to see if we want to pay those outrageous amounts of money for offering not quite as much as Orion does. However, I have seen very little problems with most areas of Orion. I have heard from some friends using it though that the EJB stuff has problems in various areas. What exactly, I don't know. I have also heard of some success stories in this list as well. I think one of the problems is that because the Orion team does such a good job on fixing problems and providing updates, some of us often go get the latest version. This may prove to cause problems in other areas. This is just a guess. For the most part, I have only seen a few bugs crop up that were new with a bug-fix patch.

    But other than that, Orion is very easy to use, it WORKS, it actually does conform to J2EE specs unlike many infintely more expensive solutions, and I have generally heard great things about it.

    For whats it worth, I would be my company on it over other choices.