This is off the top of my head but something like this should work...

#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
   start)
      cd /usr/local/orion && (java -server -Xmx128m -jar orion.jar &)
      ;;
   stop)
      cd /usr/local/orion && java -jar admin.jar ormi://localhost admin 123 -shutdown
      ;;
esac

-t

--

   Tony Abbott                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]