On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Sean Han wrote:
> Hi, everyone:
>
> I know some of you guys use linux as the platform for running Orion server.
> Do you use the Sys V script to startup and shutdown the Orion server? If you
> do, could you please send me a copy of the script? If not, is there any
> solution to startup the Orion server when the OS bootup?
>
> thanks!
>
> Sean

#! /bin/sh

OWNER=root
PREFIX=/usr/local/orion
OUT=/var/orion/out.log
ERR=/var/orion/err.log
USERNAME=whatever
PASSWORD=likewise

case "$1" in
'start')
        [ ! -f $PREFIX/orion.jar ] && exit 0

        cd $PREFIX
        su - $OWNER -c "cd $PREFIX; exec java -jar $PREFIX/orion.jar -out $OUT -err
$ERR &"
        ;;

'stop')
        [ ! -f $PREFIX/admin.jar ] && exit 0

        cd $PREFIX
        su - $OWNER -c "cd $PREFIX; java -jar $PREFIX/admin.jar
ormi://localhost.local.net $USERNAME $PASSWORD -shutdown"
        ;;

*)
        echo "Usage: $0 { start | stop }"
        exit 1