Hi All-

I'm new to Orion Server, and am in the process of developing a sample
application to test out CMP.

The problem I'm having is that although I've defined a
primary-key-class and primkey-field, I receive errors that the
primkey-field is not a CMP field, even though the descriptor is set up
that way.

My Descriptor is as follows:

<ejb-jar>
  <enterprise-beans>
    <entity>
      <display-name>The Employee Entity Bean</display-name>
      <ejb-name>com.soma.axon.ejb.entity.Employee</ejb-name>
      <home>com.soma.axon.ejb.entity.EmployeeHome</home>
      <remote>com.soma.axon.ejb.entity.Employee</remote>
      <ejb-class>com.soma.axon.ejb.entity.EmployeeBean</ejb-class>
      <prim-key-class>java.lang.String</prim-key-class>
      <primkey-field>ssn</primkey-field>
      <persistence-type>Container</persistence-type>
      <reentrant>False</reentrant>
      <cmp-field>firstname</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>middlename</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>lastname</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>phone</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>fax</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>address1</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>address2</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>city</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>state</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>zipcode</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>hireDate</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>termDate</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>dob</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>name</cmp-field>
      <cmp-field>ssn</cmp-field>
    </entity>
  </enterprise-beans>
</ejb-jar>

And when starting the server, they error that is displayed is:

Auto-deploying
/home/tank/OrionProjects/ResumeManager/rel/ResumeManager-ejb.jar (No
previous deployment found)... Error compiling
file:/home/tank/OrionProjects/ResumeManager/rel/ResumeManager-ejb.jar:
The specified primkey-field 'ssn' was not found among the cmp-fields
for the bean com.soma.axon.ejb.entity.Employee

Looking at the descriptor, the message doesn't make sense to me... Any
pointers?

Thanks!
--
Sean P. McNamara                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
SOMA Technologies, Inc.         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>