At 08:15 10.11.00 , you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>         Has anyone tested Orion with dual CPU on Linux?
>         We have purchased and deployed Orion on several DELL 1300's with
>Redhat linux 6.2.
>         All of them seem to work fine.
>         So far so good, until the most recent machine which is the first
>dual cpu system.
>         It works for a short time, then seems to hang.
>         I am using IBM JDK 1.3 (most recent release as of 2000/11/9).
>
>         Has anyone got Orion working under Redhat Linux with dual CPU?
>         What version of Linux, which JDK and which version of the JDK did
>you get it working with.
>
>         Or more generally, what JDK seems more stable, IBM JDK 1.3 or
>Sun/Blackdown JDK 1.3?
>
>         Any information anyone has on their experience with dual CPU Linux
>and or JDK on Linux would be much appreciated.

we've been running orion in production on an hp dual xeon500 machine with
Red Hat Linux release 6.1de (Cartman)  with the latest glibc upgrade. we've
had the same problems with ibm1.3 and run it with sun1.3 final hotspot
server version. there are occasional crashes but we use supervise to
restart the server automatically which has worked well so far. on our
develpment machine we run SuSe 6.4 with lates glibc upgrade with a dual
PIII700 without major problems (somtimes crashes upon deployment, very
rarely when running). Sun and Blackdown seem roughly equivalent in terms of
stability.

robert

>Regards,
>
>Rob Lapensee
>Director of Technology
>Delfour Corporation
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>www.delfour.com

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de