I have Orion running very well on a homebrew rack mount dual PIII 800 box
running Redhat 7. (You should upgrade from 6.2 by the way).
The box has 2gig DDR Ram, and gigabit Ethernet to a DS3.
I have load tested it to the max and not had any failure.
I am running Sun's JDK 1.3 for Linux, as it is the most stable I have used so
far.
I am running Orion 1.4.4
Redhat 6.2 is easily hacked and you should not run it in production.
Also I have found the JDK works much better on the newer kernel especially when
clustered or SMP.

I also have a turbo Linux server cluster with 8 boxes running Orion. While this
is just an experiment right now, it really hums!!! If I can work more on it I
may just put it into production as the setup should be able run circles around
my existing setup.