Hi Robert,

of course there are alternatives for using Generator. Believe, we do know
all about it. But our client  just asks for using Generator 2 Enterprise
Edition.

I still try to figure out how to get Generator to run under Orion. I really
like to sell Orion to our Client, too.

So that's what I've done so far:

I put the following code between the
<web-app></web-app> Tags of  the WEB-INF/web.xml:

                 <!-- Die Generator Servlets -->
                 <servlet>
                         <servlet-name>FlashGenerator</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.macromedia.generator.servlets.FlashGenerator</servlet-class>
                         <display-name>FlashGenerator</display-name>
                         <description>FlashGenerator</description>
                         <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
                         <init-param>
                                 <param-name>InstallPath</param-name>
                                 <param-value>/opt/generator/generator</param-value>
                         </init-param>
                 </servlet>

                 <!-- Mapping fuer die Generator Servlets -->
                 <servlet-mapping>
                         <servlet-name>FlashGenerator</servlet-name>
                         <url-pattern>/*.swt</url-pattern>
                 </servlet-mapping>

And I tried to set the classpaths

         <!-- Classpaths -->
         <classpath path="C:\Programme\Macromedia\Generator
2\classes\flashgen.jar" />
         <classpath path="C:\Programme\Macromedia\Generator 2\bin\"
/>

When I now try to call the Generator Template (which calls a *.jsp) I get
an Error message. What did I miss or do wrong....?

http://localhost:8080/TestMovie1.swt

500 Internal Server Error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
         at
com.macromedia.generator.api.Serial.<init>(com/macromedia/generator/api/Serial)
         at
com.macromedia.generator.servlets.FlashGenerator.initSerialization(com/macromedia/generator/servlets/FlashGenerator)
         at
com.macromedia.generator.servlets.FlashGenerator.init(com/macromedia/generator/servlets/FlashGenerator)
         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.wt(JAX)
         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.wb(JAX)
         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.um(JAX)
         at com.evermind.server.http.ef.su(JAX)
         at com.evermind.server.http.ef.dn(JAX)
         at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)

Thanks for any hint...

Regards

Berny

At 09:46 16.11.2000 +0100, you wrote:
>At 09:23 16.11.00 , you wrote:
>
>>Hi Berny.
>>Is Generator still needed with the new version of 5 to have good
>>interaction with the server?
>>I was working on making a Flash version of the ATM but dropped it when I
>>saw the price on Generator...
>>WR
>
>there are cheaper alternatives for creating flash movies dynamically, even
>one freeware package that got reasonably good reviews in a german
>magazine. I don't remember the names but could look for the article if
>you're interested.
>
>robert

call:       +49 - (0)179 519 63 24
location:   Hamburg, Germany