That WORKED!
it gave me the error message i needed.
orion was complaining about servlet param tag problem.
i ussually use netscape. i just started using
explorer.
YOU ROCK Matt! (you too Christian)

--- Matt Krevs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Are you using IE as your browser?
>
> If so, go to
>
> Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced
>
> and make sure the "show friendly HTTP error
> messages" option is turned OFF.
> You should get a slightly usefull error message
> coming back then.

action="/employee-app/com.objectgeneration.sample.EmployeeForm"
> method="post">
>
> and the error was also HTTP 500 when I posted to
> <form action="/employee-app" method="post">
>
> I tried your first suggestion, i.e., I posted with
> <form

action="/employee-app/servlet/com.objectgeneration.sample.EmployeeForm"
> method="post">
> with the existing setup and I get....
> You guessed it HTTP 500...
>
> That is okay at least I got the Post format correct.
> So in additon to the problem you helped me with... I
> have yet another problem....what a mess I am.
>
> On to your second suggestion. I see that you changed
> the name of the servlet, but I am not sure what else
> you did.... nor am I sure what is different other
> than
> the shorter name, i.e., I already had a servlet
> mapping. But just in case I am an idiot (which I
> wont
> rule out). I followed what you wrote to a tee.
> [opps I just saw that i forgot to include my servlet
> mapping.... sorry another brain brownout.]
>
> BTW I also tried someone elses idea of what the
> servlet mapping should look like, and it did not
> seem
> to work. I think I don't have the post correct for a
> corresponding servlet mapping.
>
> What would be the post for that mapping?
> i.e., what would the post look like for the mapping
> that you suggested??
>
> I think it would look like
> <form action="/employee-app" method="post">
> or maybe
> <form action="/employee-app/" method="post">
>
> I get a 500 with both of the above.
>
> I seems like Orion is finding things okay because
> I get this message when it starts up....
>
> Auto-unpacking

D:\Personal\Proto\CodeGen\Employee3\rel\employee-app.ear...
> done.
> Auto-unpacking

D:\Personal\Proto\CodeGen\Employee3\rel\employee-app\employee-app
> -web.war... done.
> Auto-deploying employee-app (Assembly had been
> updated)...
> Orion/1.3.8 initialized
>
> Again it works with the version that I installed in
> the default web application directory.
>
> The trusty tried and true....
>
> <form

action="/servlet/com.objectgeneration.sample.EmployeeForm"

=== message truncated ===