I'm investigating that myself. I want to get it to work for serializing
an entity object's dependent objects to a database. From what I can tell,
you need to implement interface Serializable on the object(s) you want to
persist. In java.sql api docs, you'll see classes named
ObjectOutputStream, PreparedStatement and an interface Blob. Looking at
these you'll see methods relating to writing out a serialized object,
setting a Blob, getting a Blob, etc. I hope this helps...

Ron