Hi all,

I am trying to use the most excellent JDom in my web app on Orion (1.3.9) and
running into a little snag.  For certain parts of its funcationality, JDom
requires a very recent version of Xerces.  The datestamp on it is Sep 1, 2000
and it is approx 1,464KBs.  As you can tell this is almost three times as big as
the xerces jar that is shiped with Orion.  I have tried to include the new
xerces.jar in the /WEB-INF/lib directory of my war file but to no avail.  Orion
seems content to pick up its version of the jar (I imagine its a classloader
thing).

So my question is, is it ok to swap out Orion's old xerces.jar for the new one?
Will I run into unforseen trouble down the road?  Is there another way of
solving this problem that i am unaware of or too ignorant to figure out?

thanks a bunch...
mark

Mark R Mascolino
The Procter & Gamble Co.