Well, David Kinnvall, did you ever get into any trouble from replacing the
versions of Xerces and Xalan in Orion?

Randahl

Hi Mark, and the list,

I ran into this as well, just two days ago. I tried putting the
new xerces.jar in WEB-INF/lib as well as in orion/lib, with no
effect. Finally I simply replaced the $ORION_DIR/xerces.jar with
the new one as you are thinking about. It worked nicely, and I
have not seen any ill effects from it yet. JDOM is very nice!

I guess your question is still valid though: Are there any bad
effects from doing this that will surface along the road that I
haven't seen yet? Something that is not triggered by my current
code? Or is Orion compatible with newer versions of Xerces?
Oh, almost forgot, I took the opportunity to replace the old
Xalan with the latest one as well...

Regards,

David.