Hi all,

The FreeBSD port for Orion has been committed and is available in the current
version of the source tree. Just make sure your ports tree is up to date
(execute "cvsup /etc/cvsupfile" or something) and then:

   # cd /usr/ports/java/orion/
   # make install
   >> orion1.4.0.zip doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
   >> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/database/utils/orionserver/.
   Receiving orion1.4.0.zip (4878028 bytes): 100%
   4878028 bytes transferred in 255.0 seconds (18.68 kBps)
   ===>  Extracting for orion-1.4.0
   >> Checksum OK for orion1.4.0.zip.
   ===>   orion-1.4.0 depends on executable: unzip - found
   ===>  Patching for orion-1.4.0
   ===>  Configuring for orion-1.4.0
   ===>  Installing for orion-1.4.0
   ===>   orion-1.4.0 depends on file: /usr/local/jdk1.2.2/bin/java - found
   ===>   Generating temporary packing list
   ===>   Registering installation for orion-1.4.0
   #

That's all there is to it B-) Now Orion 1.4.0 is installed in
/usr/local/orion1.4.0/.

You may want to check out the additional suggestions presented at
http://www.orionsupport.com/.

--
Ernst