Hi,

I had the same problem when I tried to import the certificate reply using
keytool. My problem was that I had used copy-paste from the e-mail reply,
saved it to a file and then tried to import that file. After several
attempts I discovered that the copy-paste operation used an encoding that
was not supported by keytool.
 If you have done it in a similar way, I would recommend you to check the
encoding in your email-program when copying the certificate reply.

Regards,

Mikael Eriksson

http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1