Setting the session's timeout to infinite makes sense when you are
managing the timeout within your logic. For instance, our system uses
its own concept of an EJB session, which the servlet "fronts" with its
own HTTPSession. Thus, when the EJB session times out, we would then
invalidate the HTTPSession.

tim.