> Maybe I misunderstand, I thought orion will create orion-*.xml in the
> deployment area, if not supplied in the ear.  If placed in the ear,
> Orion would only copy it to the application-deployment area.
> I did not
> think a person edited in the application-deployment area.
> mike

>From observations:

Be <deploy>/<my-app>.ear the path to my application's EAR.
1. Orion "opens" the ear in <deploy>/<my-app>/ directory (if you have
orion-*.ejb files they get "opened" there too)
2. Orion creates <orion>/application-deployments/<my-app>/ directory
3. Orion copies all *.xml files into
<orion>/application-deployments/<my-app>/ and creates there unexisting
orion-*.xml if needed
4. Orion will compile JSP into the necessary persitence directories under
<orion>/application-deployments/<my-app>/

To answer the question, sometimes you need to include your own (e.j.)
orion-ejb-jar.xml which specifies SQL queries for finder methods (for
example) - in this case we do not let orion generate the orion-ejb-jar.xml.
Another example is that that same file defines the data-source for each
method of your ejb, etc.

Yves