Hi,

> I am trying to use MySQL and Orion where the MySQL database is
> located on a
> different host than Orion is.
>
> The beans look up the datasource in JNDI. I've specified the datasource in
> in ejb-jar.xml. (The resource-ref thingy) This is found, becasue
> I no longer
> get naming exceptions.
>
> In data-sources.xml,  I have specified the proper database URI
> (jdbc:mysql://luggage/log).

Let me tell if I have understood the question...
You are unable to connect to your database, isn't it?

I had similar problem for a EJB (BMP)... I don't know if the approach
used for it was correct one, but it worked.

Orion create folders for beans etc in application-deployments. There
I in 'orion-ejb-jar.xml' under my ejb folder, I added location="jdbc/MyDS"
(in my case), in the tag which specified the resource dependancy.

If you haven't tried that then try the above... it might work!

Seeya.

- UnicMan