This line jdbc:mysql://luggage/log is not complete and
consider mysql local.

The syntax for url =

drivertype:@location:PORT:instancedb
ex: jdbc:oracle:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:777:FDEV

for hsql this points to local
jdbc:HypersonicSQL:./databases/mydb => :. means local

for u I think it should be but I do not know your
network topo try
jdbc:mysql:@luggage.log:yourdbpath