Hi all,

I am pushing hard to get Orion included in the last shortlist for our next
product.
Only because of the support issues(that everyone here understands),my
manager is inclined to
consider something like Inprise Appserver as a better alternative..

Now,could anyone here  give me some figures,opinions ,etc about the
performance of Inprise Appserver.
How does it compare with Orion in terms of the key evaluation factors?(i
understand, we would know which factors are more important for us...still)

We have to have two major applications hosted on the appserver as part of
the product deployment.
The first one is not a real 'web' app.
It has ejbs being accessed by distributed components and mix of some
database and proprietary back end.
The second application is a web application with servlet/jsp/corba
components....

We have pretty strict performance requirements for both of these...And the
first application has to have
high availability as well...

Any sort of suggestions, pointers,data,exclamations would be of high
value....

Thanks,

Jobin