On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 11:54:02AM -0400, Kemp Randy-W18971 wrote:
> I'm from the USA, near Chicago, Il. What countries lead in quality of code?
> I would like to know.  No matter what country the product is produced in,

The best country in terms of code/quality ratio is Cameroon.

> you might find software engineers from the USA, England, India, etc., all
> working on the same software product.  Open source efforts like Enhydra,
> Tomcat, or Jboss have contributors from all around the world.  It's like

That explains their bugs.

> trying to find a car made in the USA.  Parts come from Japan, it's assembled
> in Mexico, and marketed in the US. Orion is an exception, since they are
> basically a two man operation.  Yet I do think the two young gentlemen did a
> bang up job between them.  They just need help with other facets, such as
> documentation, marketing, and support. And even superman is part of a team
> called the Justice League, since he can't solve everything by himself.

Let's be real: the Justice League exists so that Superman can ogle Wonder
Woman. Everyone else is included just so Superman doesn't have to take out
EVERY LITTLE WIMPY VILLAIN by himself. (To wit: "Oh, crap, Batman, you take
that guy, he's boring for me.")

Joseph B. Ottinger                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://epesh.com/                             IT Consultant