Mike,

You're probabaly right, but why do others have to speak for them.  They're
big boys -- and business-savy enough to come down from geek heaven and
actually charge money for production.  I'll bet they can even decide for
themselves whether or not to speak with MySQL.  If they've gotten 1,000
Orion customers to belly-up $1,500 each, then a mill-and-a-half should
cover the phone call to MySQL.

Speaking of money, I've gotta go try to make some right now.

Randy, I, for one, liked your idea.  The sky is not falling, but this dead
horse is now thoroughly beaten (how's that for a mixed metaphore?).

Jay