On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Jay Armstrong wrote:

> But, let's say it doesn't support transactions.  What's wrong with starting
> a dialog?

Why bother? So the people who bleat about mySQL all the time are
happier? Frankly I'd rather the Orion team concentrate on functionality
and J2EE implementation, rather than worry about integrating with MySQL
when SO many far superior alternatives exist. Have a look at
config/database-schemas.

In my opinion, Orion should not do ANYTHING to 'conform' to MySQL or adapt
to it. If MySQL is fixed in time and has a decent JDBC driver that can
support transactions and all else that is required, then this whole
ridiculous discussion is moot anyways.

Lets move on now!

Hani