I've found the problem with this and its taken me the best part of a day!

In my applications\AddressBook\AddressBook\web-inf\lib directory I have a
copy of Xalan.jar. This also exists in the top level directory of Orion. The
app uses the new(ish) TRaX APIs to do transforms so I need the latest
version of Xalan. If I remove xalan.jar from the lib directory everything
works OK (I can browse to a servlet) if I leave xalan.jar in there then no
servlets work, in fact nothing in my web-inf\lib or web-inf\classes
directory can be seen.

This has to be a classloading problem! The 2.3 talks about this, my
web-application's class loaders need to be separate from your application's
(i.e. Orion's) class loaders - I know Magnus knows this ( :-) ).

So - is this a known problem?
Is there a fix available?
Can I (safely) delete Xalan.jar from my orion directory?

Kevin Jones
DevelopMentor
www.develop.com